10.12.2009

Ivan the Terrible takes a nap...

Jessie asked me to add captions to this post nearly three weeks ago. I have avoided it until now. Why you ask? Like an onion, that question has many layers and makes me cry. Jessie asked me to add the captions because I haven't been as engaged in the new blog as I was in the winter blog. I have avoided it because I am having a hard time adjusting from a blog about winter care taking at Many Glacier and all the unique and thoroughly awesome stuff that goes along with that to a blog post about my cat taking a nap.

Don't get me wrong, I like the cat. He's cute and does fun cat stuff like getting hair all over my fleeces and clawing up the couch and knocking over breakable objects. I guess we can go ahead and add another layer to the onion I mentioned before...I have avoided this post because I'm afraid that it will make you think that Ivan is all about adorable naps in strange places. He is not. It's just hard to capture his alter ego on camera.


The calm before the adorable storm.


Most days, I hope he doesn't stick his paw in the outlet.


Probably hiding after doing something he shouldn't have.


Cat in a bag.


Though it's not readily apparent, this is a metal boat. I have seriously considered having Ivan test it's sea-worthiness.

Wedged behind the couch.

Thus concludes a pet anecdote post. He's a good kid.

2 comments:

  1. I somehow missed this post when it was first published. You're right. He does look like Merlin. We should arrange a play date. I still have no idea how Merlin would react to other cats. Perhaps they'd try to kill each other. Ivan is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... anonymous is bassett!!

    ReplyDelete